All of my Favourites shortcuts have stopped working.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with IE8 - both fully up-to-date with Microsoft updates.
I copied all of my old Favourites from my Windows XP/IE8 profile into my Windows 7/IE8 profile Favourites. I think they were working for a while, but now all favourites links do nothing when clicked.
If I add a new favourite to the list it functions correctly. All of the url files that make up the favourites shortcuts show 0KB whereas the new ones show 1KB. The old favourites do not have a url tab in the file properties, the new ones do.
Any ideas on what might have caused this to avoid in the future?
Anwsers to the Problem All of my Favourites shortcuts have stopped working.
Make Sure that your System Meets the System Requirements
Microsoft Windows Requirements :
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
This error can be due to some configuration requirements for you system. If your PC hardware is not up to par, then make sure you update where necessary before continuing.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: All of my Favourites shortcuts have stopped working.:
How to Fix All of my Favourites shortcuts have stopped working. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: Troubleshoot:all my data and program automatically didn't save after restart and shutdown? Error,How to Fix - All my icons were changed to Windows photo viewer?,How to Fix Problem - all my applications used to work, now they don't__they all get this error posted on the \"body - add details\" section?,Fast Solution to Error: All of a sudden I lost all Lost sound for everything.Control panel sound areas greyed out, No Sound icon..Also lost MS Security Essentials the day after Comcast \"upgraded\" my Modem.,Troubleshoot:All of a Sudden Internet Explorer say can't display the webpage and I can't get on the internet. I also lost my flashplayer and can't play games.,After installing service pack 1 updates my usb ports at Port_#0006.Hub_#0001 dtopped working.,After installing several updates, windows 7 pro hangs on restart,All computers in a network cannot browse one specific external website - Possible DNS issue?,All e-mails showing as attachments rather then displaying in the preview pane at the bottom.,all free space now used?.