Boot and freezing issues
I have been running Windows 7 HomePremium on my Sony Vaio E Series laptop without any issues for over 3 years.
However, recently I began experiencing many problems :-
1) It takes almost 10 min between the Vaio logo and the password request for login, meanwhile the "starting windows" logo appears.
2) Sometimes, after the "starting windows" logo disappears, and the blue screen appears, the following message is seen: "configuring wondows, please do not turn off your computer", after which it says "failure configuring windows updates, reverting
previous changes", and promptly restarts the system, after which (1) repeats, but this time the login page appears.
3) The system abruptly stops working and the display freezes, and the only way to get it running again is to force shut down by pressing the power button, after which (1) and (2) occur again.
These problems are extremely time wasting and annoying.
Also I have lost my progress on various documents due to the system's tendency to randomly freeze.
What is wrong with my computer system? I have McAfee and do not visit high risk sites.
steps Should I take?
Solutions to the Problem Boot and freezing issues
Perform the steps from the link mentioned below and see if it works.
Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows
Have a Nice day!
To check for Windows updates. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer. If any updates are found, click Install updates.
Install the latest updates for Windows and for the program displaying the error. Note that the update for the program might be listed as an optional update on the Windows Update page.
Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Boot and freezing issues:
How to Fix Boot and freezing issues with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.188.8.131.52 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.184.108.40.206 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Tech Support: BSOD (0x8e) by mpfltr.sys,How to Fix Error - C:\\Windows\\System32\\ReAgent.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error when attempting to perform Windows 7 backup?,[Anwsered] C:\\Windows\\Installer\\c6cea.msi (The file is signed with a broken...) C:,Troubleshooting:C:\\Windows\\Minidump\\060613-43711-01.dmp Error,Troubleshooting:burning problem error code 0x80004005 Error,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work