After an update, all Office files opening with 2010 Starter, not Office 2007
Yesterday my Microsoft Excel 2007 was working just fine. I have Microsoft Starter 2010 on my computer but isn't ever used and all my files are automatically opened using the 2007 version. Last night my computer did an automatic update and now suddenly
everything is being opened with the Starter 2010. Knowing NOTHING about computers, I went ahead and unistalled EVERYTHING Microsoft 2010 Trial-related hoping that would work. It didn't. And now I can't open any of my excel files! I try to tell it to select
Excel 2007 but it isn't listed as a program anywhere. Right now I'm able to open Excel 2007 from my startup and open these files but when I double-click on them, it doesn't know how to open it. Please help!
Keys to the Problem After an update, all Office files opening with 2010 Starter, not Office 2007
With Excel open(from your startup) click on the Office Button>Excel Options>Resources.
Run Diagnostics from there.
See if that helps.
You may also re-register Excel 2007 if you choose.
Start>Run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Excel.exe" /regserver
Note the space before the /regserver
You may have to use /unregserver first but give it a try.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error After an update, all Office files opening with 2010 Starter, not Office 2007 has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: After an update, all Office files opening with 2010 Starter, not Office 2007:
How to Fix After an update, all Office files opening with 2010 Starter, not Office 2007 with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Adding and removing bluetooth COM ports changes wallpaper,[Solved] Aero Peek minimizing windows,ADDRESS LABELS FROM EXCEL SPREADSHEET [Anwsered],Troubleshoot:Adding superscript button to quick access toolbar Error,address bar history wont delete Tech Support,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded