additional calculations based on pivot table results
I don't know if this is possible or not.
I've been playing around and doing all sorts of if statements but I'm hoping there is an easier way and will give me what I really need as I'm still not where I need to be without manually fixing it.
Below is what I'm looking at.
Columns A-G are generated from a pivot table.
Columns I & J are what I'm trying to get to sort of.
Currently, as the pivot table changes because new level 2 categories are added, I have to go in and change the formula in column
J so that it's capturing the data correctly.
What my predecessor did was in J3 used this formula: =IF(J3<=0,E3+F3+G3+H3,0), which doesn't take into account that expenses should be negative numbers.
So, monthly, he would go in and change the formula to include
a negative sign on the expense lines.
I can do a nested if statement to address that.
But that isn't my ultimate goal.
My ultimate goal is to find a formula (or series of them if need be) to get to this somewhere.
That is, just a list of divisions that show customer savings vs company savings.
I tried creating a new pivot table and it didn't work.
Is this doable? This is ultimately what I need to get to because I have another tab in the workbook that lists each Division and has their YTD savings (which is above) and the compares that to their YTD and annual goal.
Anwsers to the Problem additional calculations based on pivot table results
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: additional calculations based on pivot table results:
How to Fix additional calculations based on pivot table results with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: address of cell with maximum or minimum value in a range,[Anwsered] After dropping computer, it takes over an hour to get to desktop and startup,After hibernation or at start up, all applications take time to respond. Tech Support,Troubleshoot:Adding attachments to my email, the folders are out of alphabetical order.,Fast Solution to Error: After doing an update for Adobe, now my Internet Explorer icon is missing,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded