Cursor Jumps while typing - Windows 7
I have tech support at my school.
I took my laptop in - running a little slow.
They did some sort of clean up, and since then I have the sursor jumping around the document as I type.
ihey tried the mousepad adjustments others have suggested here - no luck.
It definitely is related to the ketboard itself, not the mousepad, as I have now observed carefully when it happens.
Tech folks were talking about some sort of driver update, but as I understood it one does not exist for Windows 7 Pro.
I have looked at the
other posts and not seen anything helpful. Anyone have an answer to this set of specifics? Thanks
Anwsers to the Problem Cursor Jumps while typing - Windows 7
You may try the following steps and check.
Make sure that you don't have the mouse pointer set to hide when you are typing.
Open Mouse by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware, and then clicking Mouse.
Click the Pointer Options tab, and uncheck the Hide pointer while typing box.
You may try to uninstall the touchpad drivers and try installing the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website and check.
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System, click Hardware, and then click Device Manager.
Click the PLUS SIGN to expand the Device
Double-click the device driver.
On the Driver tab, click on Uninstall
Restart the computer and check.
Update drivers: recommended links
Hope this information is helpful.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Cursor Jumps while typing - Windows 7:
How to Fix Cursor Jumps while typing - Windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How Can You Update & Download NVidia 6100, 6800 GS/XT Display Driver v.260.89 WHQL,Where to Download NVidia GeForce 8800 GT WHQL-certified driver v.196.21,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce Go 7400 Display Driver v.260.19.12,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 460M Driver v.331.82,Download NVidia Quadro Plex Model IV VGA Driver v.304.43 Certified,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.22.214.171.12486,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.126.96.36.1990,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.188.8.131.529,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.184.108.40.2065,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: [Solved] Control panel not responsive,Troubleshoot:Control panel program options,How to Fix - Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic?,How to Fix - Constant problem with "Communication not Available" ; Vista 64 bit / Lexmark x9350?,Troubleshooting:CPU Multiplier bug in Microsoft Windows XP, and 7. Error,Closing Internet Explorer causes error,Compare 2 Tables and Calculate the PROFIT Faster,Computer goes to Windows Boot Manager after Start,Connect to one of my network computer remotely when don't allow exception box Marked,computer locking up randomly